Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Convenient Christian

I see Jess like to write in the color I chose so I guess from now own I will choose another color. That being said I'm gonna talk about the Convenient Christian. What is that you may ask, well let me give you bible for that: 
Luke 18:20-22
"When Jesus heard this, he said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
23When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was a man of great wealth. 24Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! 25Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”
See this guy was like yea man I will follow Christ cause all these other people are doing it. But when Christ told him the give up worldly possession that u treasure so much  to follow me he couldn't do it. See this is just like us in a way. When it's convenient when it does comprise what we treasure its cool to be Christian. But those freinds, that music, that hobby, we don't want to give up. He wants it ALL guys! You can act like your following him all you want but he truly knows what you do when none of your Christians friends or when no one is around. Upon that you will say that I went to church, prayed, and fellowship. C'mon Jesus your my "homeboy". Then you know what he will say then, DEPART FROM ME YOU EVILDOER, I never knew you. So I challenge you today give up all those worldly treasure we love. He says leave that bf/gf , I have one better. Or give up that hobby, the one I will replace it with will give you the fruits of the spirit. But you must get rid of these worldly treasure before you follow me. Romans 2:12 "Do not conform to the patterns of this world..." Do not take worldly treasures as your own "You are in this word, not of it". Give all those treasures to God and show him that he means more! I love you all and remember LIGHT UP THE DARKNESS!!

Here is a lil something to think about.


1 comment: